Universal Avionics Releases New UniLink® FANS Desktop Training Software
Available Now to Purchase and Download through the Company’s Website
Tucson, AZ – October 31, 2016 – Universal Avionics UniLink Desktop Training Software for FANS and CPDLC Departure Clearance (DCL) Service familiarization is now available. The software is available for purchase via a new, active online order system on the company’s website, www.uasc.com/ult. Universal Avionics is offering the software in two versions to best meet operator needs: Lifetime License or a 1-Year License.
Customers attending the 2016 NBAA Business Aviation Convention and Exhibition (NBAA-BACE) can stop by Universal Avionics booth 235 for a personal demonstration.
"The UniLink Desktop Training Software provides a great way for operators to familiarize themselves with the operational aspects of FANS without having to leave the comforts of their own home," said Carey Miller, Universal Avionics Director of Corporate Programs and Business Development. "The software can also be used for required ‘operational use training' as described in the FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 120-70C as a means to receive operational approval when part of an FAA-approved course," he added.
The new software allows operators to walk through a series of scenarios simulating two-way messaging using FANS technology. A drop-down menu in the software's Tutorial Control Panel provides the nine different training scenarios:
- ATC Log On: The basics of logging on to Air Traffic Control (ATC).
- Oceanic Clearance: Requesting and receiving an oceanic clearance from CYQX.
- North Atlantic Crossing: Normal North Atlantic crossing from KFFL to EGGW.
- North Pacific Crossing: North Pacific crossing from KOAK to RJTT with reroutes.
- Weather Deviation: Weather Deviation enroute from PHNL to KLAX.
- SatCom Loss: Loss of SatCom function enroute from KVNY to PHTO.
- ATC Voice Request: ATC voice communication request enroute from KLAS to PHTO.
- Emergency Operations: Declaring an emergency enroute from PHOG to KTUS.
- Departure Clearance: Domestic U.S. scenarios for CPDLC DCL.
Allowing for operator preference, the UniLink Trainer simulates both the UniLink UL-800/801 Communications Management Unit (CMU), and 4-inch or 5-inch FMS Control Display Unit (CDU) or Multi-functional CDU (MCDU).
For more information, stop by Universal Avionics Booth 235 during NBAA-BACE. Exhibit halls are open November 1-3, 2016.
About Universal Avionics Systems Corporation
Universal Avionics is a leading manufacturer of innovative avionics systems offered as retrofit and forward-fit solutions for the largest diversification of aircraft types in the industry. Markets served include Business, Special Missions, Government / Military, Airline (regional / commercial), Helicopter and OEM. To learn more about Universal Avionics, visit www.uasc.com/company/aboutus.
Tel (520) 295-2300 or (800) 321-5253
Fax (520) 295-2395